If you are looking to sell your property fast, you obviously want to see it gone within a short time. Even then, there are things that can hinder the sale of property thus you need to find a way of making your property stand out and tempting to potential buyers. While a quick house sale is an enticing option, you will need to sacrifice on the amount of money you will make from the sale.
Thus, there are many other ways through which you can ensure that your property sells fast through a conventional sale and at a great value. While estate agents are charged with finding a suitable buyer, you may need to add a little more effort to push for a quick house sale.
The good thing is that these tricks that involve little to no money will increase the chances of selling the property. If you do not know yet where to begin, here are some top things you can do to sell your house faster:
- Create a lasting first impression – The first impression is powerful as it determines whether the prospective buyer will fall in love with your property even before they get inside. Thus, consider mowing the lawn, placing flowers outside and changing the mailbox if it is old.
- Keep the area clean – You must keep your property tidy and clean. Take time to clean the windows to increase luminosity, wipe any dust and stains and take away any items that are not necessary leaving the room looking ample and better.
- Remove personal items – If you have religious items, personal photos or even political signs, consider getting rid of them, as it is likely to discourage prospective buyers. Leave room for them to visualise the property as theirs and not yours.
- Do some paintwork – You will do well to introduce a new layer of colour especially where the old one is worn out, it is peeling or it is dark. This is majorly because light colours will make the room look wider. You can also paint the ceiling white and put a fresh coat of paint on your furniture or even dye the wood where necessary.
- Introduce mirrors where possible – Mirrors are known to add a sensation in small rooms thus, you can include two or more mirrors in strategic places. If you have them already installed, you must ensure that the frames are in mint condition and clean before the potential buyers come in.
- Remove pets – Pets and their items do not need to be seen when you are showing prospective buyers your house. This is because they might just be a bother to the clients hence make the property less appealing.
- Be available – Only few potential clients will insist on seeing your property unless they are interested. Thus, by availing yourself for viewings, you can clearly distinguish serious buyers from jokers.
- Stage rooms – Your rooms need to be tempting so that prospective buyers can see themselves as residents. Stage all rooms to clearly the function of each. In case there is a rom whose function is not clearly defined, you can make up something such as a study room or playroom depending on the kind of client you are targeting.
- Improve your floors – You will do well to ensure rugged floors are fixed even it means eliminating old carpets and damaged floors. Replace the old wooded wooden floor or varnish it to ensure that it looks brand new. Generally, a shiny floor will improve various aspects of the room.
- Eliminate bad smell – Bad odour can be a turn off to any potential buyer. Therefore, you need to see to it that the house has no bad oduor at the time of viewing. In addition, you can also ensure your house is properly ventilated.
Overall, it is possible to get prospective property buyers to fall in love with your home and buy it within a short period of posting. Thus, take some time to make some improvements before bringing in prospective buyers for viewings.